(CAN) Director, Transportation
Cornwall, Canada Management & Support Roles
Position Summary...This position is responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of all transportation functions within its respective Region, this includes inbound and outbound of goods, traffic administration departments, onsite and offsite yards, event planning (i.e. Black Friday), and oversight for Fleet. Collaborating with the Senior Vice President of Retail Operations, the Director of Transportation is accountable to ensure the achievement of strategic operational and financial plans as well as ensuring store service levels are attained. As a member of the Transportation Senior Leadership Team, the Director is responsible for Strategic Planning, Budgeting and Innovation of the transportation function within Walmart Canada. The Director will attract and develop talent necessary to deliver on Transportation business plans. The Director is also accountable for the safe operation of the Fleet and maintaining the highest possible CVOR score.
What you'll do...
Accountable for the full operational management of the Transportation Function (budget, strategy, operations) including, new start-ups, site closures and site upgrades including inbound, outbound, and freight program deliveries.
Serve as a liaison between Transportation, Store Support Centre, retail operations and other functional teams (Maintenance, Transportation, HR etc.) and works collaboratively to ensure overall compliance and operational effectiveness for the region.
Accountable to ensures safe and compliant Transportation Operations both internally / externally and maintain a solid reputation on roads across the country.
Business Continuity Plan: Transportation lead contact: responsible for overseeing, management and escalation of all BCP issues related to the network and/or transportation matters.
Accountable for building strategies, plans, policies and procedures based on operational analysis to maximize current operations or to plan for large-scale operational changes.
Liaises with senior leadership to review operational performance, address new opportunities, proposes business improvements and initiates special projects to ensure client satisfaction and efficiencies. Translates key strategic performance objectives and communicates them to the functional unit heads.
Responsible to provide guidance on, and approves the annual budgetary and operational plans in accordance with corporate objectives and monitors against those objectives. Provides senior management with information, updates and feedback on issues, opportunities, or changes in policies, procedures, practices, and standards.
Accountable for the delivery of millions of $ with of goods across the country which will result in lost sales across numerous locations without flawless execution to company SLA.
- University completion or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years’ experience.
- SixSigma or continuous improvement background is required.
- Ability to lead an extremely diverse team utilizing situational leadership skills.
- Ability to work strategically and tactically when necessary, staying focused on the vision.
- Warehouse operations experience, minimum site leadership experience.
- Comprehensive transportation background including DSD, routing optimization, Over the Road “OTR”, rail and sea shipping knowledge.
- National and or North American transportation experience.
- Excellent Transportation financial knowledge: costing (knowledge of both standard costing and ABC is required).
- Mid to high level computer skills including all business tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, (Visio knowledge is an asset) [basic programming skills are an asset].
- Good to excellent ability to present in front of large and senior audiences.
- Excels in fast a paced environment that requires ability to multitask and ability to triage.
- Requires keen customer service skills: effectively and efficiently responding to all internal and external customer inquiries; identifying stated and unstated customer needs; building relationships with team members, management, and customers.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 18 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1501 Industrial Park Drive, Cornwall, ON K6H 7M4, Canada
Are you currently a Walmart associate?
Please login to your Workday account and use the Find Jobs report to apply for this job.
- (CAN) Cashier 03/03/2024 Newfoundland and Labrador, Labrador City
- (CAN) Compliance Lead 03/03/2024 Quebec, Kirkland
- (CAN) Distribution Centre Team Associate - Casepack Days external GENERIC Part-time Days 6:30am to 3:00pm 03/03/2024 Ontario, Cornwall
You have not viewed any jobs recently.