(CAN) Regional Manager, Health & Safety - Logistics
Cornwall, Canada Legal & Compliance
Position Summary...The primary function of the Regional Health & Safety Manager is to implement, lead, manage and support the Walmart Canada H&S Management System – W CARE Program across three DC’s in the Eastern Region (based in Cornwall) with over 2000 associates. The role will lead a transformational initiative around driving engagement towards safety and to undertake a journey to become a world-class DC operation. The role is also responsible for leading a team of 5 H&S professionals who will help execute the strategies and day-to-day H&S functions. The Regional H&S Manager must demonstrate subject matter expertise, leadership skills and project management experience to drive continual improvement within the H&S function in their Region. The function must be able to quickly identify top talent and engage, enable and empower them to identify their facility’s top losses and risks and implement changes to mitigate them.
What you'll do...
Through coaching and facilitation, drive the implementation of forward thinking H&S compliance improvement programs and employee engagement to deliver year on year reductions in both workplace injuries and incidents.
Effectively and proactively manage team performance and continuously enable your team to improve and grow.As the leader of an operational support function, you recognize the importance of and have demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence your key stakeholders.
Work with GM’s/Director’s and other leadership team members to support H&S initiatives at multiple sites.Must be able to effectively form and communicate strong business cases to support H&S initiatives to garner support.
Establishes and monitors regular communication of H&S information, which includes updated information, training, etc. Makes recommendations and ensures that the on-the-job H&S Program is effective and maintained.Facilitates safety-training programs and ensures their effective implementation.
Provide quality assurance on incident investigations and ensure proper root cause analysis and corrective measures are in place.Perform regular workplace inspections to highlight and address safety concerns and provide visible evidence of interest, involvement and commitment to the H&S Program.
Reviews H&S trends and initiates improvements to help reduce hazards and prevent reoccurrences.Reviews and reports the H&S KPI’s to senior leadership/sites and supports them in establishing corrective measures in order to improve overall H&S.
Must have practice utilizing various industry accepted qualitative and qualitative H&S Risk Assessment methods such as Job Hazard Analysis, Job Safety Analysis, Ergonomic Assessments, Job Demand Analysis, Hazard Risk Assessment, etc.Must demonstrate the ability to identify and execute risk mitigation strategies using cross-functional project teams.
Utilize technical knowledge to identify and address workplace risks and hazards.Stay current on state-of-the-art H&S technologies and methodologies through established relationships with key vendors, industry professional organizations, etc.
- College certificate or diploma
- 6-8 years related experience, leading and managing Health & Safety programs across multiple sites.
- People management skills including coaching and mentoring.
- Advanced knowledge of H&S including Occupational Health and Safety Legislation, Occupational Hygiene, Measurement and Analysis, Hazard Recognition, Assessment and Control, and Distribution Center Operations including in-depth understanding of the Company’s policies and practices. .
- Communication skills including written (reports) and verbal presentations. Must be comfortable having courageous conversations when necessary to ensure that the safety mission is realized.
- Basic keyboarding skills using a PC and general knowledge of Email, word processing and spreadsheet experience.
- Time management skills including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Customer Service Skills including effectively and efficiently responding to internal customer and employee inquiries; resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise; etc.
- In depth knowledge of Provincial H&S legislation, regulations and standards.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 18 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…2401 SCM WAY, CORNWALL, ON K6H 7S1, Canada