Distribution Centre Team Associate (Perishable Distribution Centre)
Cornwall, Canada Management & Support Roles
Position Summary...Responsible for the receiving, order filling and shipment of freight into and out of the DC.
What you'll do...
With an enterprise as large as Walmart Canada, success means more than just the bottom line. It means constantly improving our processes, reducing our environmental impact, innovating how we do business across the country… but most importantly? It means doing whatever it takes to make the lives of our customers easier, every single day.
We count on our skilled Logistics team to make those goals a daily reality. Our distribution network operates 24/7 in a fast-paced environment. Be it handling seasonal changeover, delivering fresh food as fast as possible, or stocking up for the holiday season, Associates with Walmart Logistics Canada ULC are constantly adapting to fresh challenges—and there’s no shortage of rewarding roles and careers available with our winning team.
We’re results-oriented, customer-centric, and performance-focused. And if you ask anyone at our Distribution Centres? They’ll tell you that’s a recipe for success, challenge, and growth.
1. General Warehouse Duties including Load/Unload Trailers
2. Must be able to work Picking, Receiving and Shipping area as business dictates
3. Stock replenishing and restocking of inventory / customer product
4. Maintain order filling performance expectation of the job function while maintaining picking accuracy.
5. Adhering to all Operations policies and procedures.
6. Maintain associate related programs and procedures, including health and safety and housekeeping programs in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy.
7. Stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 10 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
8. Operate carts, dollies, hand trucks, forklifts, order pickers, and other equipment to move large quantities of merchandise
9. Operate material handling equipment (MHE); we provide special training to associates based on interest and availability
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly up to 10 hours per day
Ability to have steel toed safety shoes/boots for first day
Other safety personal protective gear may be required as appropriate and will be provided
Working in temperatures between +12 C and -24 C on continuous basis.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 18 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1501 INDUSTRIAL PK DR, CORNWALL, ON K6H 7M4, Canada