(CAN) Pharmacy Assistant
Fort Frances, Canada
Walmart stores are at the heart of the local community
As an associate, you’ll be the welcoming face our customers see each time they visit our stores. You offer that helping hand and keep our shelves full of the great products that our customers want and expect so that they come back time after time.
At Walmart, you’ll be part of a team working together to deliver exceptional customer experiences and helping Canadians save money to live better.
- Job Type: Regular/Permanent
- Schedule: Morning, afternoons, evenings, nights
What makes a successful (CAN) Pharmacy Assistant at Walmart? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team Player
Life In Store
“We use our size and scale to create positive change”
Walmart Canada – record $3.7m Breakfast Club of Canada
Walmart Canada – record $3.7m for disaster relief for Canadian Red Cross
Walmart Canada raises more than $6.6 million for children’s hospitals during COVID-19
Walmart Canada announces 73 recipients of the WMCA Associate Scholarship
Courageous Conversations: The impact of mental wellness and health equity on our communities
Special discount days
*To be based on hours or employment status (i.e., Full -Time/Part-Time)
(CAN) Pharmacy Assistant
Fort Frances, Canada Hourly Associates
Position Summary...The Pharmacy Assistant assists the Pharmacist in the technical aspects of prescription filling and administrative duties in order to increase the Pharmacist's opportunity to provide patient care. The Pharmacy Assistant is expected to participate in all aspects of Pharmacy Operations required of a team player. They are a key member in the delivery of superior customer service.
What you'll do...
1. Receiving prescriptions from patients, following provincial legal/regulatory conditions and assessing the prescription for completeness i.e. Name; Address; DOB; Allergies; 3rd Party Information; Any Special Requests; Prescriber; Generic/Brand; Prioritizing Prescriptions with 21st Century Guidelines.
2. Performing Computer Functions as directed by the Pharmacist i.e. Data Entry; Price Check; Patient Information Entry/Update; Competent interpretation and processing of written prescriptions including Latin abbreviations, drug name recognition, dosage calculations; Refills; Report Generation; Patient Profile checks.
3. Filling prescriptions (always under the Pharmacist’s supervision), selecting appropriate products, performing the accuracy program, including 7 point, Visual and DIN checks, selecting and counting/ measuring & preparing appropriate products, labeling and organizing for pharmacist checking, gaining necessary approvals for verbal refills where authorized, employing 'STOP' forms if applicable and facilitating all aspects of Cognitive Services.
4. Maintaining Inventory Control, assisting Pharmacist in maintaining appropriate stock levels of drugs and supplies, checking for and pulling expired medications at least monthly, cleaning up Will Call Bin of 'stale' prescriptions on a regular basis, writing up returns, ordering of drugs and supplies, using preferred wholesaler for Pharmacy purchases as much as possible i.e. Kohl and Frisch, operating of the Telxon gun, checking off, pricing and putting away pharmacy orders, zoning the pharmacy shelves, 'X- ing' bottles when opened and interchangeable drug knowledge and appropriate maintenance/selection of key brands/preferred generics.
5. General Housekeeping, stocking Prescription filling supplies (Vials, labels, bags), keeping the dispensary clean, organized and neat, maintaining clean/safe work environment as part of the team approach (i.e. dishes, garbage) and maintaining & cleaning packaging & dispensing equipment, computer, fax machine, etc.
6. Clerical Organization, filing prescriptions, invoices, reports, correspondence and memos and completing any administrative support functions assigned (i.e. journals, accounts receivable, Aged Trial Balance).
7. Assisting with OTC Operations and ordering, stocking, cashier duties as assigned by OTC Manager and/or Pharmacist.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1250 KING ' S HWY, FORT FRANCES, ON P9A 2X6, Canada
Are you currently a Walmart associate?
Please login to your Workday account and use the Find Jobs report to apply for this job.
You have not viewed any jobs recently.