(CAN) Operations Assistant Manager
Walmart stores are at the heart of the local community
As an associate, you’ll be the welcoming face our customers see each time they visit our stores. You offer that helping hand and keep our shelves full of the great products that our customers want and expect so that they come back time after time.
At Walmart, you’ll be part of a team working together to deliver exceptional customer experiences and helping Canadians save money to live better.
- Job Type: Regular/Permanent
- Schedule: Morning, afternoons, evenings, nights
What makes a successful (CAN) Operations Assistant Manager at Walmart? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team Player
Life In Store
“We use our size and scale to create positive change”
Walmart Canada – record $3.7m Breakfast Club of Canada
Walmart Canada – record $3.7m for disaster relief for Canadian Red Cross
Walmart Canada raises more than $6.6 million for children’s hospitals during COVID-19
Walmart Canada announces 73 recipients of the WMCA Associate Scholarship
Courageous Conversations: The impact of mental wellness and health equity on our communities
Special discount days
*To be based on hours or employment status (i.e., Full -Time/Part-Time)
(CAN) Operations Assistant Manager
Lévis, Canada Retail Operations
Position Summary...To support the Store Manager and manage store operations according to Company guidelines and lead Associates to ensure friendly, helpful service and drive profitable store sales.
What you'll do...
1. As a member of the Store Management Team drives profitable sales through achievement of sales and profit goals, budget management and sales forecasts. Proactively analyzes and utilizes sales/financial reports, economic trends and community needs to identify and respond to market changes while controlling expenditures. Communicates sales results associates and guides interpretation of results
2. Creates, with the balance of the Management Team, operational plans; prioritizes, delegates and provides clear direction to Managers and Associates. Ensures optimal store conditions through effective merchandise presentation, accurate and competitive pricing and store standards within Company policies and guidelines. Implements new store programs according to Company direction, while evaluating effectiveness to achieve successful results specifically related to the (Front End or Back End or Fresh or Operations - specific area that the incumbent will oversee). An Assistant Manager is cross-trained to work proficiently in all areas of the Store when needed.
3. Executes and monitors asset protection and safety controls; maintains quality assurance standards; oversees safety and operational reviews while ensuring compliance with Walmart policies and procedures and with established safety, security, sales, financial and record keeping procedures and practices. Anticipates and proactively responds to compliance issues, including Total Loss/general controls.
4. Serves Customers as an ambassador for their store by greeting customers, seeking their feedback and ensuring customer needs, complaints, and issues are resolved within Company guidelines to create a positive shopping experience. As a member of management, models, enforces, and provides direction to associates on friendly and helpful customer service approaches and techniques
5. Supports store initiatives to serve the community by participating in and supporting community events and developing relationships with key community groups. Participates in company-sponsored programs, events, and sustainability efforts for associates and customers to emphasize the store’s role as an integral part of the community.
6. Leads Associates by conducting regular store meetings and communicating operational direction and initiatives with a focus on the OMNI and the Total Store. Drives engagement, recognizes and rewards accomplishments and provides opportunities for professional growth. Develops all associates and identifies high-potential associates, providing training and development to increase capability.
7. Demonstrates Company values by holding Associates accountable through timely, honest, specific and respectful performance feedback and corrective and disciplinary action. Builds and manages relationships with supporting functions within the store and district (e.g. District HR Managers, etc.).
8. Complies to all Company standards and procedures when handling all merchandise, including but not limited to: alcohol, ammunition, narcotics, and high-ticket. Ensures appropriate cash controls, handling as much as $250,000 per day.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1200 BOUL ALPHONSE-DESJARDINS, LEVIS, QC G6V 6Y8, Canada
Are you currently a Walmart associate?
Please login to your Workday account and use the Find Jobs report to apply for this job.
You have not viewed any jobs recently.