(CAN) Manager, Site Merchandising
Mississauga, Canada Technology
Position Summary...The Manager, Site Merchandising role is responsible for shaping the customer site experience for an assigned mid-large size category, overseeing everything from site merchandising, content strategy, and category-level campaign planning and execution. The Manager, Site Merchandising creates a truly frictionless online shopping experience for the assigned portfolio, and helps customers shop products they want on Walmart.ca, to save time and money, and live better!
What you'll do...
1. Category experience management and execution:
• Leads the site merchandising management and execution for the assigned portfolio, working closely with merchandising, marketing, and marketplace teams.
• Utilizes market research including category, competitor, and customer trend information to create the ideal online experience.
• Manages the presentation of online product assortment, including product information, SEO, category information and site merchandising to maximize sales and conversion.
• Performs regular site audits and competitive analysis to ensure consistent and best in class site experiences
2. Path to purchase improvement:
• Analyze and improve customers’ path to purchase, and conversion rates
• Browse experience: manage site taxonomy, category pages, visual navigation, filters, based on assortment evolution, reporting and web analytics
• Site search experience: understand customer search behavior and keywords/queries to optimize the experience within the search result pages, and improve conversion (visual navigation, filters, synonyms, re-directs and auto-directs, boosting, etc.)
• Attributes and filters: define and set-up the required category-specific attributes, to help customers refine their selection
• Product recommendations: cross-sell, up-sell and increase AOV along the customer journey
3. Content strategy and execution:
• Enhance online content, to increase product discoverability
• Define the assigned categories’ style guides, and fine tune the content score rules
• Improve the overall content score, partnering with merchants, vendors, sellers, and data science teams (i.e., ensure products are in right categories, and with great title/copy/images/rich content/reviews/attributes etc.)
4. Category campaign’s design and execution:
• Identify key trend forecasts, define the department’s story-telling roadmap, to tell a cohesive story and win customers’ hearts and minds.
• Develop plans to showcase key priorities (i.e. key categories, product launches and newness, key events) across the entire digital customer journey to drive awareness and engagement
5. Category site performance and analytics:
• Support the development of site metrics and dashboards to monitor your SBU performance, and provide strategic insights to internal stakeholders, and overall direction for the categories
6. A/B tests and optimization:
• Support the development of testing/experimentation plans with your team to iterate on category site experiences and constantly enhance customer engagement
7. Strategic partnership with internal stakeholders:
• Partner with various internal teams (merchants, marketplace, marketing, SEO etc.) to improve processes, identify opportunities, and scale best practice and governance, driving continual assessment and improvement of the site’s strategic direction and execution.
• Communicate and interact effectively with leaders across all functional areas.
- University degree
- 3-6 related experience
- Deep experience with web analytics and customer research
- Trained in the practice of Agile development
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada