(CAN) Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Mississauga, Canada Finance
Position Summary...The Sr Manager, Internal Audit manages a team of internal auditors and leads the execution of audit and advisory projects, aligned with Internal Audit’s mandate of examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls, protection of assets, and efficiencies of the retail operations.
What you'll do...
1. Lead audit staff and manage the execution of multiple financial, operational or compliance audits and
advisory projects including advanced data analytics, independently within set budgeted timelines,
through the validation of control design and effectiveness in accordance with Global Audit Services
methodology and applicable external regulatory/ accounting requirements. Manage stakeholder
expectations and remove barriers and obstacles that impact audit execution.
2. Manage direct reports, including the completion of performance appraisals. Provide opportunities for
staff to learn new skills and achieve performance objectives and development goals. Build a team based work environment, supporting collaboration and continuous learning.
3. Determine audit project scope and objectives, and execute project deliverables, including review of risk
assessment; audit work programs; and audit reports. Allocate resources to execute projects. Review
audit working papers completed by audit staff.
4. Perform continuous risk assessments and assist in the development of the audit plan based on risk.
Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships with key
stakeholders through Customer Relationship Management, which includes identifying business needs.
Participate in key Global Audit meetings to drive execution of audit plan based on risk.
5. Provide guidance and training for Internal Auditors on audit methodology and professional work paper
standards to ensure performance objectives are met and deliver project evaluations and feedback to
6. Communicate audit results to stakeholders which includes documentation of findings in audit reports,
presenting recommendations to management that mitigate risk, improve the control environment and
reduce costs. Build stakeholder relationships to influence outcomes. Deliver presentations to
7. Monitor, and validate the implementation status of management action plans resulting from audit
projects and whether the implemented action plans appropriately mitigate business risks.
8. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values and standards of ethics and
integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance
with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada
Are you currently a Walmart associate?
Please login to your Workday account and use the Find Jobs report to apply for this job.
You have not viewed any jobs recently.