(CAN) Department Manager
Walmart stores are at the heart of the local community
As an associate, you’ll be the welcoming face our customers see each time they visit our stores. You offer that helping hand and keep our shelves full of the great products that our customers want and expect so that they come back time after time.
At Walmart, you’ll be part of a team working together to deliver exceptional customer experiences and helping Canadians save money to live better.
- Job Type: Regular/Permanent
- Schedule: Morning, afternoons, evenings, nights
What makes a successful (CAN) Department Manager at Walmart? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team Player
Life In Store
“We use our size and scale to create positive change”
Walmart Canada – record $3.7m Breakfast Club of Canada
Walmart Canada – record $3.7m for disaster relief for Canadian Red Cross
Walmart Canada raises more than $6.6 million for children’s hospitals during COVID-19
Walmart Canada announces 73 recipients of the WMCA Associate Scholarship
Courageous Conversations: The impact of mental wellness and health equity on our communities
Special discount days
*To be based on hours or employment status (i.e., Full -Time/Part-Time)
(CAN) Department Manager
Saint-Jérôme, Canada Hourly Associates
What you'll do...
1. Ensures safe work practices are followed including proper lifting and keeping a clean work area.
2. Handle customer and Associate concerns and provide guidance as required, especially in SCO bullpen and Courtesy Desk.
3. Assist the Front End Manager with ensuring sufficient coverage to provide exceptional customer service. Oversees and provides leadership to Cashier, SCO, and CSMs themselves. Some stores may have as many as 100 Associates on Roster. Can oversee areas such as Courtesy and Store Support (Cart Pushers). With expansion of OMNI roles for Front End ASMs, more leadership is required in their absence.
4. Provide and coordinate training of Front End Associates.
5. Supplemental leadership in areas such as Cash Recycler, Line Management, Management of Self-Checkout Areas. Largest scheduling responsibility in Store, making calls to address absent Associates daily and make key scheduling decisions subject to budgetary constraints. Areas such as overrides, price checks, and courtesy all receive direction from this role.
6. Maintain cleanliness of the registers by coordinating and following up on Front End Associate responsibilities.
7. Ensure register procedures are followed and execute relevant follow-up on requirements such cash shortages/overages. Conducts register audits in multiple areas of the store (Main Register Banks, Photo Lab, and Electronics, Garden Centre).
8. Teach and monitor Company policies and procedures to all Front End associates. Examples include but are not limited to fundraising activities, surveys, etc.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1030 BOUL DU GRAND HERON, SAINT-JEROME, QC J7Y 5K8, Canada
Are you currently a Walmart associate?
Please login to your Workday account and use the Find Jobs report to apply for this job.
You have not viewed any jobs recently.