(CAN) Regulated Pharmacy Technician
Saskatoon, Canada Pharmacy
Position Summary...The regulated pharmacy technician as a health care professional supports the role of the pharmacist through the safe and efficient management of all aspects of drug distribution that do not require the pharmacists clinical knowledge, skills and judgment.
What you'll do...
1. Receive new or repeat prescriptions, creates and maintains patient records. Assess prescription for clarity, completeness, authenticity and legal requirements.
2. Interpret prescription including abbreviations, numerals and symbols. Perform pharmaceutical calculations.
3. Record prescription Information accurately on patient records.
4. Alert the pharmacist to actual and potential drug therapy related problems.
5. Prepare non-sterile and or sterile products. Package and labels products to maintain integrity and meet legislative requirements.
6. Collaborate with pharmacist in product release with the pharmacist reviewing the prescription and patient record. Pharmacist counseling is offered to patients who need it and the prescription is released to the correct customer or agent.
7. Determine and maintain inventory requirements sufficient for patient safety and efficient operations. Audit inventory (based on regulations, policies and procedures) and report discrepancies to the pharmacist. E.g. narcotics, controlled drugs and targeted substances
8. Assist patients to select and use drug administration devices, diagnostic and monitoring devices, home health aids, and other non-drug measures.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older License - Registered Pharmacy Technician License
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1706 PRESTON AVE N, SASKATOON, SK S7N 4Y1, Canada
Are you currently a Walmart associate?
Please login to your Workday account and use the Find Jobs report to apply for this job.
- (CAN) OMNI Customer Fulfillment Associate (Hiring Event) 05/18/2022 British Columbia, Victoria
- (CAN) Dairy Frozen Associate 05/18/2022 Ontario, Toronto
- FLEX CAP 2 ASSOCIATE 04/27/2022 Prince Edward Island, Summerside
You have not viewed any jobs recently.