(CAN) GT - Data Developer III - Data Ventures
Toronto, Canada Marketing
What you'll do...
About Data Ventures
Data Ventures exists to unlock the full value of Walmart’s data by developing andproductizingB2B datainitiativesthat empower merchants and suppliers to make better, faster decisions for the business.As part of this transformation, we’re seeking entrepreneurial individuals to help drive data productization from concept to deployment.
What you'll do...
As part of New Business and Emerging Tech, this role will be an enabler of our journey to be the world’s leading data-driven retailer. We are seeking an individual who will be responsible to establish robust data pipelines and services. We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented individual to drive the data engineering process. Our ideal candidate is an exceptionally talented Software engineer with an outstanding track record of working with very large data sets and building robust data pipelines and API’s. You will be working with structured/unstructured Data sets, building large scale Data processing platforms, implementing world class data governance and operational controls, solving complex performance challenges.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have…
• Working knowledge of Spark, Scala, SQL and cloud technologies (GCP, AWS or Azure). As well as Data warehousing, Big Data, Hadoop, Hive, BiqQuery and Data streaming.
• Problem Formulation: Identifies possible options to address the business problems within one's discipline through analytics, big data analytics and automation.
• Applied Business Acumen: Supports the development of business cases and recommendations. Owns delivery of project activity and tasks assigned by others. Supports process updates and changes to solves business issues.
• Data Governance: Supports the documentation of data governance processes. Supports the implementation of data governance practices.
• Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.
• Data Transformation and Integration: Extracts data from identified databases. Creates data pipelines and transform data to a structure that is relevant to the problem by selecting appropriate techniques. Develops knowledge of current analytics trends.
• Data Source Identification: Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.
• Data Modeling: Analyzes complex data elements, systems, data flows, dependencies, and relationships to contribute to conceptual, physical, and logical data models. Develops the Logical Data Model and Physical Data Models including data warehouse and data mart designs. Defines relational tables, primary, foreign keys and stored procedures to create a data model structure. Evaluates existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies. Develops efficient data flows. Analyzes data-related system integration challenges and proposes appropriate solutions.
• Code Development and Testing: Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programming language and leveraging business, technical and data requirements. Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Creates proofs of concept. Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach. Contributes code documentation, maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise, applies this to the development and execution.
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders. Adapt to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities.
• Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans.
• You evangelize an extremely high standard of code quality, system reliability, and performance
• You’reskilledin data modeling &data migrationprotocols
About Walmart Global Tech
From entry-level to executive positions, Walmart provides limitless opportunities for growth, and career development. Walmart started small, with a single discount store and the simple philosophy of selling more for less. Today, we are a growing technology-enabled company founded on the same values as our first store. We establish clear expectations, empower associates to manage their work, and hold ourselves and one another to a high standard. Walmart's scale enables us to have an. No other company has the reach of Walmart, with 2.3 million associates worldwide and over 230 million weekly customers. Walmart is reshaping retail by investing in an expanding workforce. While technology is at the heart of our digital transformation, people are the reason we succeed and the force behind our innovations. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow.
Flexible, hybrid work
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include deferred profit-sharing plan, associate stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, associate discounts, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 Argentia Rd, Mississauga, ON L5N 1P9, Canada
Are you currently a Walmart associate?
Please login to your Workday account and use the Find Jobs report to apply for this job.
- (CAN) Team Leader Operations - Receiving II- 6 month Contract 01/30/2023 Ontario, Mississauga
- (CAN) Co-Manager 02/23/2022 Quebec, Joliette
- Optician, Dual Licensed FT 01/27/2023 Ontario, Pembroke
- (CAN) Pharmacy Assistant 01/30/2023 Ontario, Toronto
- (CAN) Associé de l’expérience client de l’aire de vente 01/30/2023 Quebec, Terrebonne
- (CAN) CAP 3 Associate 01/30/2023 British Columbia, Terrace
You have not viewed any jobs recently.